The Ojai Recreation Department is proud to announce these programs for Fall 2021. In response to the Covid-19 pandemic, we will be following the local government and CDC guidelines.
- Driver’s Education (Online)
- Drawing and Painting For Youth
- Mandarin Chinese for Youth (October)
- Pottery- Handbuilding for Youth (Ages 7-12) NEW!
- Social Skills (Ages 10-17) (Drop In)
- Youth Dance
- Youth Kung Fu (October)
- Youth Soccer
- First Kicks (10/5-11/9)
- Mini Kicks (10/5-11/9)
- Premier Kicks (10/5-11/9)
- Youth Tennis
- Youth Tennis-Beginners-Saturday (Ages 6-11) (9:00 am)
- Youth Tennis-Beginners-Saturday (Ages 6-11) (10:00 am)
- Youth Tennis-Beginners-Monday(Ages 6-11)
- Youth Tennis-Quickstart (Ages 4-5)
- Youth Tennis-Beginners-Wednesday
- Youth Tennis-Advanced-Tuesday
- Youth Tennis-Intermediate-Tuesday
- Youth Tennis-Advanced Beginners-Monday
- Youth Theater
- Adult Strength
- Adult Kung Fu (October)
- Aikido (October)
- Adult Tennis
- Art for Adults
- Dog Obedience
- Canine Good Citizen and Trick Dog Testing
- Dog Training-Intermediate Trick & Obedience for Dogs (Wait List)
- Dog Training-Beginner Manners & Tricks for Dogs (Wait List)
- Ghost Tours
- Mandarin Chinese for Adults (October)
- Pottery- Wheel Throwing for Teens and Adults (Ages 13+) NEW!
- Tai Chi (October)
Explore virtual programming with the Ojai Recreation Department! Families can now be inspired to discover new activities to do at home. This is our newest resource for families in Ojai to help stay in touch with Recreation staff and explore the fun of recreation in the comfort of your home. We will include short video content with our team of City Volunteers to bring you easy food recipes for kids, exercise, and much more! The website is live, so check it out at https://www.ojairec.com/virtual.
This new virtual page is how we are keeping in touch with our resilient members of the community to continue providing health and well-being. In these challenging times when daily lives are filled with more indoor time, our Virtual Recreation Center will bring programs to you and your family with the hope of making it easier to stay connected to programs you love and to help keep families entertained.
All of our current and past videos can be found on our Virtual Recreation Center Video Page.
No registration required, the information on the City web site is free to view! We can’t wait to see you out with family and friends in the future. For more information please contact 805 646-5581 x 301.
City of Ojai Discount Park Rentals for Fitness Classes During Pandemic; Fee Further Reduced as of August 12th
On August 12, 2020, The City of Ojai announced a reduction in the fee for park rentals for outdoor fitness classes. The City had launched the program to allow fitness instructors to utilize areas of City parks for safe, physically distanced fitness classes. The State and County’s guidelines limit indoor fitness classes due to potential spread of the virus. Outdoor programs are allowed as long as a 6 foot distance is maintained by participants.
To help encourage responsible exercise, the City of Ojai created a low-fee process, and this fee has now been reduced to $20 per week. Instructors can now schedule several classes per week for $20. The cost will cover staff time associated with scheduling and coordinating. Instructors must follow Ventura County Social Distancing Protocols. No contact sports are allowed at this time under State and County guidelines. Non-contact classes may be held including yoga, tai chi, Zumba, and many others. Instructors will be required to have (or obtain) insurance.
Instructors interested in reserving space for a class can contact the City’s Recreation Department, at (805) 646-5581, ext. 390 for more information.